- Attend, record and conduct all regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meetings including landowners meetings.
- Presentation of District’s annual budget in accordance with Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
- Ensure District is in compliance with administrative and financial reporting for Community Development Districts.
- Correspond and communicate with Board of Supervisors and Staff to respond to the various needs of the District and Community.
- Review and approve agenda’s for circulation to the Board of Supervisors Review and approve annual budget, annual audit, monthly disbursements.
- Review annual insurance policy to ensure District maintains proper insurance coverage.
- Transcription of all regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meetings including landowners meetings.
- Prepare agenda packages for transmittal to Board of Supervisors and staff 7 days prior to Board of Supervisors Meeting Compliance with administrative statutes effecting the District which includes but not limited to:
- Transmit registered agent information to DCA and local governing authorities.
- File Ordinance/Rule creating District with DCA within 30 days after creation.
- Publish and circulate annual meeting notice.
- Report annually the number of registered voters in the District by June 1, of each year.
- Maintain “Record of Proceedings” for the District within the County the District is located which includes meeting minutes, agreements, resolutions, and other required records.
- Properly notice public meetings in accordance with the appropriate Florida Statutes in the newspaper of general circulation of the District which include but are not limited to:
- Organizational Meeting.
- Annual Meeting Notice.
- Landowners Meeting within 90 days of creation.
- Public Hearing to adopt annual budget.
- Public Hearing to adopt assessments.
- Request For Proposal for engineering services.
- Public Hearing to adopt general and procedural rules.
- Public Hearing to adopt 197 Resolution.
Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Establish Governmental Fund Accounting System in accordance with the Uniform Accounting System prescribed by Department of Financial Services for Government Accounting, which includes preparing monthly balance sheet, income statement(s) with budget to actual variances.
- Accounts Payable and presentation to Board of Supervisors for approval or ratification.
- Prepare annual budget for manager’s review and approval by the Board of Supervisors.
- Transmit proposed budget to local governing authorities 60 days prior to adoption.
- Prepare year-end adjusting journal entries in preparation for annual audit by Independent Certified Public Accounting Firm.
- Maintain checking accounts with qualified public depository selected by the Board of Supervisors.
- Compliance with financial and accounting statutes effecting the District which includes but are not limited to:
- Complete annual financial audit report within 12 month’s after the fiscal year end.
- Circulate annual financial audit report and annual financial report to appropriate governmental agencies.
- Prepare annual public depositor report.
- Oversee and implement Bond issue related compliance, i.e., coordination of annual arbitrage report, transmittal of annual audit and budget to the trustee, transmittal of annual audit to bond holders and underwriters, annual/quarterly disclosure reporting, etc.
- Transmit Public Facilities Report to the appropriate agencies.
- Bind necessary insurance for the District which includes liability, property, workers compensation, etc.